Saturday, May 30, 2009

Zimbabwe bound

Getting up at 4am for a flight is fine if it's on time. Still sat at the airport at 9am when I really should be fast asleep on the plane is not so fine. Still, they did give us free breakfast and there is wireless so can't really complain.

Mugabe, cholera, insane inflation, rigged elections, political violence, food shortages.
I'm sure there's plenty more to Zimbabwe than all the negative press. I'm really intrigued about what it will be like and quite excited now I'm (almost) on my way. Spent 3 hours in the bank yesterday waiting to get some dollars to travel with. Mental note never to go to the bank at the end of the month again. There is a ticket system for queuing. My heart sank somewhat when I saw there were 68 people infront of me in the queue...

It takes 8.5 hours to fly from Dakar to JoBurg. South Africa is soooo far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment